fbpx

Gifts for Myself and Others 2014

Description

The Island Artisans Association presents the 26th annual Gifts for Myself and Others juried show to be held on November 21-23 at the Leonardo da Vinci Centre, showcasing over 30 exhibitors and featuring some of the finest handcrafts from Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. New this year, featured works form Island Artisan members will be on display and for sale in our NEW Gallery Shoppe.

Gifts for Myself and Others is the perfect size: big enough to offer a dynamic cross section of functional, decorative, and wearable crafts and small enough that you can take the time to explore, unhurried, every exhibitor. Returning visitors will recognize the fabulous dichroic glass works of Kiln Art Glass (Jo Ludwig & Peggy Brackett), the whimsical and colorful creations of Wanda Shum, the pottery, weaving, and jewellery of the multi-talented Tobias Tomlinson, and the work of many other familiar artisans.

Shoppers interested in woodwork both functional and decorative will be delighted by the unique jewellery boxes of Dean Mills, by the silky finish on bowls turned by Brian Parker, and more. Fabric art will range from the whimsical sculptures of Deb Thurlbeck to the upcycled bags of Cheyenne Goh, with more functional and fashionable pieces to be discovered in between. Jewellery lovers will be thrilled with high quality pieces by Linda Rajotte, Mimi Roy, Rachel McFarland, and many others. Shoppers will find a variety of giftwares from the delicately painted porcelain of Flo Elle Watson to the gleaming metal sculptures of Kevin Mackenzie.

Enjoy the music of Brad Prevedores while browsing amongst the artisans, check out Old-Country Fare by Jenny Crandall in the café below for some tantalizing and tasty treats. Be sure to enter our hourly draws and don’t forget, the more purchases made the more chances you have to win a $200 shopping spree with any of the participating artisans.

For more information please contact Jantina Froese at 250-743-1213 or gifts2014@islandartisans.ca.

Sponsored by Victoria’s Times Colonist and Mobile ATM Services.

Date/Time

Subject
Show & Sale