Virtual Painting Class: Landscape Reflections in Watercolour!

April 27, 2021

Description

Virtual Painting Class: Landscape Reflections in Watercolour!

April 27 6-8PM | LIVE on Zoom

Get a sense of intuitive watercolour as painter Tiffany Blaise illustrates how to create a luminous reflected coastal landscape inspired by Tofino beaches. Learn how to blend and mix colours, paint glowing skies and islands, and let loose with watercolour paint in this fun and all levels workshop.

You will come away with an understanding of how to paint expressive coastal landscapes in watercolour and a piece of your own original art!

SUPPLY LIST (Can be purchased online from Opus Art Supplies and shipped to your home in 5-9 days)

• Watercolor paper: 2 sheets of 9 X 12″ (or similar size)
  • Masking Tape and a flat hard surface to take your paper to, like a cutting board. If you don’t have this you can tape it to a table
  • Paper Towel
  • Pencil and eraser
  • At least 2 watercolour brushes. I like Opus’ Bamboo brushes in the 8 or 10 size
  • Hake brush (I use the 2″ size but any will work great)
  • Watercolour Paint. I would suggest getting a watercolour set if you don’t have any or you prefer to buy individual tubes, choose at least 4 colors. I often use indigo, black, white, green, and magenta.

Optional:

• Small spray bottle filled with water (can get from Opus or dollar store)
  • An image of a minimal coastal scene that you would like to paint (or paint along following my image)
  • Salt (I like using flaky sea salt)

For tickets visit eventbrite.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/virtual-painting-class-landscape-reflections-in-watercolour-tickets-147290450703?aff=ebdsoporgprofile

Testimonials:

“I didn’t expect it but I liked the format of an online class, it was convenient doing it at home. Tiffany was a great instructor, very knowledgeable and helpful and even answered my question after the workshop. I learned some great tricks which I didn’t know before like stretching paper and doing a gradient with two colours on the brush.”

“It is convenient to take a painting class without having to leave the house! I certainly enjoyed the event and learned a few things. The time just flew by!”

Date/Time
April 27, 2021
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Category