Call For Artists: 2023 Silk Purse Arts Centre Exhibition Program
August 15, 2022 - September 16, 2022
The West Vancouver Community Arts Council invites visual artists to submit work for our 2023 Exhibition Program at the Silk Purse Arts Centre!
Submission is open to emerging & professional artists working in any medium (limited capacity for video, free standing sculpture & pottery, large scale installations).
We are looking for art that reflects & examines our community & the vast world beyond; that presents new ideas & thought provoking concepts; celebrates, deconstructs & recontextualizes traditional art forms & subjects; all while encouraging creativity & diversity.
Our mission is to encourage & foster the Arts in our community by providing artists a unique & popular space to exhibit their work & by making art by local artists accessible to the public.
The WVCAC hires an Exhibition Jury comprised of professional artists, curators & art academics to select works based on our mission & criteria stated above.
Selected artists will be scheduled for a 4 week group exhibition of 2-4 artists, determined by the Jury, at the Silk Purse Arts Centre in 2023. All selected artists will be required to become WVCAC Members.
HOW TO SUBMIT
1. Visit the Call For Artists site & select the Register for this event button.
2. Complete the Submission Form which includes uploading:
- Artwork Submission 6 hi-res images of the artwork that best represents the body of work you wish to be considered for adjudication.
Name files as follows ‘ArtistTitleMediaSize’
Accepted formats: JPG, JPEG, TIF, TIFF. Each file should be less than 20 MB.
- Artist Statement Clear & concise artist statement regarding your art practice & the concept/themes of the work being considered.
Accepted formats: PDF, DOC, DOCX, ZIP. Each file should be less than 20MB.
3. Pay the $25 Submission Fee.
Results: Artists will be notified mid October.
- The WVCAC will produce & provide promotional materials.
- The WVCAC will provide opportunities for public engagement ie: reception, artist talk.
- The WVCAC will process all sales of artwork during the exhibition & retain a 30% commission on sales.
- Other Arts & Culture programming may take place in the gallery during the exhibition.
If you have any questions please contact Gallery Coordinator Steven Snider firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing your artwork!
September 16, 2022