Federation of Canadian Artists – Studio Mentorship Program with Liza Visagie
January 21, 2023 - March 25, 2023
Saturdays, twice a month, January 21st – March 25th (6 sessions)
Individual Session Dates: January 21st & 28th, February 11th & 25th, March 11th & 25th
10.00 AM – 2.00 PM (access to space 9.30 – 5.00PM)
Federation Academy on Granville Island
Limited to 12 students!
Suitable for beginner/intermediate students.
Please Note: The first two sessions will be held in consecutive weeks (Jan 21st & Jan 28th), and then switch to bi-weekly sessions (February 11th, February 25th, March 11th, March 25th)
FCA Studio Mentorships
Studio mentorships are your opportunity to work with a professional artist in the Federation Academy on Granville Island. The first two sessions will be held in consecutive weeks (Jan 21st & Jan 28th). After that you’ll meet with Liza every two weeks throughout February and March to work on your paintings, ask questions and further develop your practice.
Invest in yourself and commit to two days per month, and see how your artwork and techniques improve. For artists without their own studio, this is a great way to access a creative space, tailor made for art-making. In addition to 4hrs of mentoring artists will receive an extra 3hrs of access to our classroom space to work on their paintings and communicate with their peers.
With plenty of demonstrations, one-on-one teaching and lively discussion, this mentorship is limited to twelve registrants.
Benefits of Studio Mentorship
- Bi-weekly check-ins with a professional artist
- Ask questions and receive answers in real-time
- Meet new artists and learn from their feedback
- Encourage accountability in your practice
- Great way to schedule time for your development
- Celebrate victories and challenges you’ve overcome
- Share your current challenges and learn from your peers and mentor about how to move forward
- Put your learning into action with weekly assignments
- Receive access to a space tailor-made for art-making
6 In-Person Sessions
We start this mentorship program with an evaluation of your current status, as well as an introduction to everyone in the group. Liza will discuss short and long term goals with you, which will define next steps on your artistic journey.
Each consecutive week will be built out based on where everyone is in their work and what their personal ambitions are for attending this mentorship program. Over this 3 month program you will takeaway practical ways to improve and develop your paintings.
About the Instructor – Liza Visagie
Painting is a visual experience concerned with clarifying thought and to awaken in us the simplicity and unity of an impression. Liza applies traditional oil painting techniques along with investigative and innovative approaches within a modern and contemporary context. The structural and optical challenges of oil painting is at the forefront of her subject matter which ranges from site specific landscapes to narrative based still life. Liza’s interest is in documenting the ever changing natural environment by working directly in nature and from her experience of studying various landscapes and cities around the globe.
- “Liza did a great job sharing her personal creative process. Her session was extremely helpful. Thanks a lot.”
- “Liza has great knowledge of painting. Highly recommend.”
- “Liza is an excellent teacher, I think, because she listened and met her students where they are at. She is first-class in my books. She is tough, thorough and knows her stuff.”
- “Liza’s knowledge of classical painting and the safe use of material was very helpful. She taught us about materials, how to hold the brush and why, oils over acrylics, pigments, different well known artists and why they paint, design, think, create, influence the way they do, etc. Thank you, Liza!”
- “Liza was well prepared with a variety of books and list of artists we were not familiar with. We were all thankful of the extra material she covered which answered a lot of questions that came up during class and which we all shared. Excellent instructor!”
- “Liza was tremendous and caught us up on a lot of information that was needed as foundational.”
Register Now at: https://federationacademy.ca/studio-mentorship-visagie
Or call the office at 604-681-2744 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org