Federation of Canadian Artists – Studio Mentorship Program with Paul CHizik
October 01, 2023 - December 10, 2023
$Members: 590.00, Non-Members: 640.00
Sunday, every two weeks (6 sessions)
Starting Sunday, October 1st – December 10th, 2023
Individual session dates: October 1st; October 15th; October 29th; November 19th; November 26th; December 10th
10.00 AM – 2.00 PM (access to space 9.30 AM – 5.00 PM)
Federation Academy on Granville Island
Limited to 9 students!
Suitable for beginner/intermediate students.
FCA Studio Mentorships
Studio mentorships are your opportunity to work with a professional artist in the Federation Academy on Granville Island. You’ll meet with Paul twice a month throughout October, November and December to work on your paintings, ask questions and further develop your practice.
Invest in yourself and commit to two days per month, and see how your artwork and techniques improve. For artists without their own studio, this is a great way to access a creative space, tailor made for art-making. In addition to 4hrs of mentoring artists will receive an extra 3hrs of access to our classroom space to work on their paintings and communicate with their peers.
With plenty of demonstrations, one-on-one teaching and lively discussion, this mentorship is limited to twelve registrants.
Benefits of Studio Mentorship
- Bi-weekly check-ins with a Signature FCA Artist
- Ask questions and receive answers in real-time
- Meet new artists and learn from their feedback
- Encourage accountability in your practice
- Great way to schedule time for your development
- Celebrate victories and challenges you’ve overcome
- Share your current challenges and learn from your peers and mentor about how to move forward
- Put your learning into action with assignments
- Receive access to a space tailor made for art-making
6 In-Person Sessions
We start this mentorship program with an evaluation of your current status, as well as an introduction to everyone in the group. Paul will discuss short and long term goals with you, which will define next steps on your artistic journey.
Each consecutive session will be built out based on where everyone is in their work and what their personal ambitions are for attending this mentorship program. Over this 3 month program you will takeaway practical ways to improve and develop your paintings.
About the Instructor – Paul Chizik
Paul Chizik’s paintings are rooted in the classical tradition with a contemporary approach. He works in the custom of painting major scale canvasses in the studio as well as the plein-air custom of working directly outdoors in a variety of environments where the natural splendor or raw urban power is immediate. His work ranges from landscapes, to portraiture, figurative narratives and still life. As artist, mentor and teacher Paul hopes to have the art of painting regain its role as an exciting, current and vibrant visual medium with a renewed urgency.
- “Really appreciated Paul’s attentiveness to each participant’s work, suggesting what to do next, how to do it, etc. He constantly made rounds to reach everyone over and over again. Wonderful!”
- “Very good session. Great selection of subject for the objective. Very good demo. Welcomed and answered all questions very well. Very active coaching during the performance by students. All in all a raging success by yet another interesting, talented and personable instructor.”
- “Fascinating to meet another unique painter and one who aspires to such learning and perfection in his lifetime that he functions far above the hemisphere of the average artist. Thought provoking and inspiring!”
Please register at: https://artists.ca/courses/view/id/2456
Or call the office at 604-681-2744 or email us at email@example.com
For more information, please visit: https://federationacademy.ca/studio-mentorship-paul