Intro to Acrylics Series (6 Weeks)
April 07, 2022 - May 12, 2022
- Wednesday’s Jan 5th – Feb 9th (6wks) (Delayed start now running Jan 12th – Feb 16th)
- Wednesday’s Feb 23rd – Mar 30th (6wks)
- Thursday’s April 7th – May 12th (6wks)
- Time: 5:45- 8pm
- Instructor: Kate Brooks-Heinimann
- Experience: Beginner
- Ages: 16+
- Cost: $270 + Supplies
In this six week Intro to Acrylic Painting course students will learn a variety of acrylic painting techniques, colour theory, and how to include the elements and principles of art in their paintings. In addition to several acrylic painting studies, students will also have the opportunity to develop and create a final painting project of their choice.
None. This course is suitable for beginners and intermediate students.
Please visit https://mctavishacademy.ca/product/intro-to-acrylics-series/ for more information and to register.
Variety of acrylic painting brushes (flat, round, filbert and a detail brush – recommend Opus Legato Acrylic Brush Set Assorted – need a flat #8 or larger)
– Variety of acrylic paint (must have a red, blue, yellow, white and black – recommend Opus Essential Acrylics 60 ml tubes: cadmium red medium, phthalo blue green shade, hansa yellow medium, titanium white and lamp black)
– Stretched and gessoed canvas or other primed painting surface (any brand, any size under 11” x 14”)
– Heavy weight paper (recommend Canson XL Watercolor Pad Size: 9X12)
– Sketchbook (or loose-leaf paper)
– Pencil and eraser
– Water jar
– rag / paper towel
– Easel (only if you would like to bring your own. We do have table top and full height easels available on site)
– A photograph or object (for painting study)