Kwi Am Choi Exhibition Scholarship 2024
November 12, 2023
Application link: https://form.jotform.com/82266566570262
Established in 2007, the Kwi Am Choi Exhibition Scholarship is an annual award of $2,000 that recognizes an emerging BC artist between the ages of 18 and 32, and designed to fund the costs of new artwork creations and mounting a solo exhibition at PoMoArts. This initiative provides recent graduates and students currently enrolled in Fine Arts programs at recognized post-secondary institutions in Canada with the opportunity to display their work in a public art gallery, receive curatorial mentorship, and network with other artists and art professionals.
- Between 18 and 32 years of age.
- Enrolled in Fine Art programs in a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution or within 2 years (24 months) of graduation with a Fine Art degree from a recognized Canadian post secondary institution.
- Considered an emerging artist. We define emerging artists as those in the first few years of their professional development and not currently making their entire living from their artwork.
- A current resident of British Columbia.
- Only artists proposing a solo exhibition are eligible for this award.
Note: Current PoMoArts staff, instructors, sitting board members or their immediate family are not eligible to apply.
Use of Scholarship Funds:
Scholarship funds are to be applied to the artist’s costs of creating new work and mounting a solo exhibition between May and October 2024 at PoMoArts. These costs may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Materials and preparation expenses to create new artwork.
- Transportation costs for artwork.
- Exhibition installation expenses
- Advertising and marketing costs for the exhibition.
- Opening reception, and related administrative costs.
For more information, please visit: https://pomoarts.ca/scholarships-residencies and select the Scholarships tab to view the application guidelines.
If you have any questions about this exhibition scholarship opportunity, please email Janice Cotter, Gallery Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 12, 2023