Mindful mark making with Therapeutic Arts Practitioner Freda Lombard
March 02, 2023
We will provide a calming and therapeutic setting throughout these sessions so you can connect with your inner creativity and improve your mental well-being through the practice of mindful mark making. This unique approach enables you to set aside your preconceived notions about art and instead concentrate on the present moment and the pleasure of mindful mark making. Instead of emphasizing the end result, we will concentrate on the creation process.
This art making session is not a mixed media art journaling class. While we will be working with various art materials, the focus of the session will be on the process of creating art rather than specific techniques or skills. We encourage you to let go of any expectations or preconceived notions about what your art should look like and simply allow yourself to explore and express yourself through the art making process. This session is meant to be a judgment-free zone where you can let your creativity flow and have fun. We hope to see you there!
All skill level, even the curious!
- Art Journal of your choice (Suggested 9 x 12 Mixed Media book will do)
- Watercolour paints
- Fine tip black sharpie or other black pen
- Watercolour pencils or colouring pencils
- Colourful papers, magazine cutouts
- Paper scissor and glue stick
- Any art supplies you think you might enjoy
- Suggestions will be made during sessions for the next week.