Near and Far – Mixed Media by Wendy Duffield

June 27, 2020

Description

As we cautiously begin to resume our regular activities I am pleased to share my latest collection of work.

From June 20, the first day of summer, my exhibition “Near and Far” will be available to view on-line at www.wduffieldart.com

I will also have the artwork on display outside at Magnolia Art Studio. This will accommodate social distancing and still allow you to see the art in person.

Using family photos and other vintage images I’ve placed figures and objects into new surroundings, sometimes real, sometimes imaginary.

The contrast between subject and landscape challenges both our sense of space: far and near; and time: past and present.

In doing this I hope to bring the subjects nearer to us by presenting them afresh.

The rich world of textures, fabric, and ephemera invites the viewer to peer beneath the surface of her multilayered work. She leaves the viewer intrigued, which allows space for the observer, inviting them to interpret the picture and unravel its mysteries.”

The in-person exhibition will be held June 20, 21, 27, and 28 from 11am – 6pm in the garden, weather permitting.

Magnolia Art Studio is located at 1931 Sandover Cres, North Saanich.

As we have become accustomed, please be mindful of social distancing.

If you are unwell, or have come in contact with someone who might be infected please stay home, I am happy to arrange a future date for you to visit.

All surfaces will be cleaned after each visitor interaction.

Hand sanitizer is available.

For more information, please email me at wduffieldart@gmail.com

Date/Time
June 27, 2020
11:00 am - 6:00 pm

1931 Sandover Court
North Saanich, British Columbia, V8L 1A2

Category