Paint Like an Artist II
July 07, 2023 - August 11, 2023
In Paint Like an Artist II you will be introduced to a 20th century painter each week. We will review their specific approaches to subject matter as well as application of paint and process. There will be a weekly painting project based on this discussion. This is a great course for those who are curious to learn how early-mid 20th century artists have influenced many contemporary painters. The course will also provide an excellent opportunity to push your painting practice in new directions. Participants can use oil, acrylic, gouache or watercolour. This course can be taken as a follow-up to Paint Like an Artist I, but it is not necessary to have taken the first one in order to enrol in the second part. Suitable for all levels.
This online course will be held via Zoom. Students will receive a link one week ahead of the start of the course.
Visit the Vancouver Island School of Art website to register online, or phone 250-380-3500.
- paints (oil, acrylics, watercolour or gouache) in a range of colours -including warm and cool yellow, warm and cool red, warm and cool blue, at least 2 greens, one orange, one violet and large tube of white (for oil or acrylic)
- matte medium (acrylic), odourless mineral spirits and walnut or linseed oil for oils
- variety of brushes
- surfaces to paint on (canvas, panel or paper, depending on paint choice)
- you will need at least six surfaces for course
- sketchbook, pencil, eraser