November 30, 2019
AGES: ADULT & YOUTH
INSTRUCTOR: JEANNE KRABBENDAM
Think Big! Challenge yourself with this intensive one-day workshop on making the move towards large scale pieces. Experiment with acrylics and mixed media as you reconsider your creative process and expand your work into new dimensions. Learn to use larger gestures and tools (knives, brushes and more) to match the scale of the work you are creating. Discover how to alter your approach when working with large surfaces and gain a new level of confidence. Materials not included.
For anybody who would like to explore a different approach of their painting process.
Fun one day workshop where we work on a painting from start to finish. Come home with a clear step-plan!
A bit of painting experience is helpful, courage is super!
register online or phone North Vancouver Community Arts Council: 604-988-6844
– a large surface to paint on: cradled wood panel, a stretched canvas or heavy water colour paper (large/big is subjective ultimately, however we encourage artists to challenge themselves when considering scale. 24″x36″ minimum is recommended)
– brushes – some large sizes
– palette knives – some larger sizes
– palette (plate, disposable palette, anything will do)
– water container
– mediums of choice
– any mixed media materials and tools the artist wants to use