Watercolour Play Extended
July 06, 2023 - August 10, 2023
This course will introduce you to watercolour painting through a series of basic exercises that demonstrate how to build simple, yet dynamic, compositions. The emphasis is on ‘play,’ not on making finished paintings. You will learn how to hold the brush, how to mix colours, and how to have fun by just making marks, shapes, and well-designed compositions. The course offers an extension of exercises introduced in the three-hour ‘Watercolour Play’ workshop. It is not necessary to have done the workshop to take this course. Suitable for all levels.
This online course will be held via Zoom. Students will receive a link one week ahead of the start of the course.
Visit the Vancouver Island School of Art website to register online, or phone 250-380-3500.
-watercolour paints (tubes): 2 blues, 2 yellows, 2 reds, green, violet and orange
- plastic palettes for mixing paint (white plastic lids also work)
- #10 and #4 watercolour brush
- watercolour sketchbook (for practice exercises)
- 2 sheets of watercolour paper (coldpress, 140lb, 22 x 30 -bring to first class and we will tear in ¼ sheets)
- misting bottle
- pencil sharpener
- H pencil
- blotting paper
- 24” metal ruler (optional, used for tearing watercolour paper)